This is all you need to know about ecitizen kenya portal: I’ll guide you through the process of e citizen Registration, ecitizen Login and how to access all government services quickly from the comfort of your sofa!
I say so because you can virtually access any crucial government service on e Citizen kenya. From vehicle transfer, NTSA, County government licenses, passport application…name it.
So, how do you maneuver on e citizen and how do you go about applying for the various services?
I will be answering those plus more questions in this resource.
What is eCitizen Kenya Portal?
We already said that this is a government of Kenya sponsored citizenry services website (portal). From here, you can get a majority of the services that would otherwise have forced you to visit a government office.
From visa applications to paying land rates, it’s a one stop shop.
This Is Why You Should Register an Account On eCitizen Kenya Portal
- Access To All Crucial Government Services Conveniently.
Well, if you’re not on eCitizen, things can be rough whenever you try to access fundamental government services.
As we said, having an eCitizen account is like having the government in your computer/smartphone.
Indeed, there are very few government services left out.
And for those not yet integrated, for example, a complete land registry, you can bet they will be on www.ecitizen.go.ke pretty soon.
See? eCitizen is big news.
- Real Time Update on Progress of Your Requests
You will be getting email notifications on how far your requests are from being completed.
For instance, if you requested for a business license, as soon as it’s ready, you get notified via eMail.
No more queues or anxious telephone calls just to enquire whether you documents are ready.
Government Services You Can Get On E-Citizen
eCitizen Kenya hooks you up with lots of GOK (government of Kenya) services. Sample them below.
1. Business Registration Services On E-Citizen
If you are opening a new business, converting your sole proprietorship or partnership business to a limited company, or maybe you want to amend the particulars of your business registration certificate, then the ecitizen Kenya portal is your go-to place.
Here is what you can easily do:
- Request for the change of particulars –BN (Business name)
- Request for the change of particulars –BN (address and partners)
- Request for the change of particulars –CN (Company name)
- Strike off a limited company
- Business Name Search
- Registration of new business names
- Registration of collaterals (MPSR – Movable Property Security Rights)
- Perusal of documents
2. Registrar Of Marriages Services On E-Citizen
A lot is happening on the marriage scene especially after the enactment of the new Marriage (Customary Marriage) 2017 Rules, and the stipulations of Marriage Act, 2014 (Section 96).
Well, in summary, if you wish to enter into a customary marriage arrangement, you must obtain prior permission from the registrar of marriages.
This came into force on August 1, 2017
Couples who successfully apply will be issued with certificates recognizing their marriages.
So, where do you apply for the various marriage certificates? eCitizen portal!
These are the services you can access from the registrar of marriages on ecitizen.
- Notice of Marriage
- Issuance of marriage registration certificates
- Solemnization of marriages
- Issuing of marriage certificates
- Commissioning of affidavits regarding marriages
- Special licenses for marriages
3. National Transport & Safety Authority (NTSA) services on e-Citizen
The NTSA (National Transport and Safety Authority) provides myriad services to ensure sanity in our roads.
Driving licenses, vehicle inspections, licensing of instructors for driving schools, the new smart (digital) driving license, driving tests… they have their plate full.
You can access all the above and more services on citizen.
Here is a summary:
- Driving Licenses and Driving Tests
- Booking of a Provisional Driving License (PDL) Driving Test
- Interim Driving License
- Driving License Renewal (1 Year)
- Driving License Renewal (3 Years)
- Conversion of Foreign Licenses
- Copy or records – driving license
- Foreigner’s Driving License Endorsement
- Driving Class Endorsement
- Test drive booking
- Duplicate Driving License
- Correction of Published Driving License Information
- Foreign Vehicle Permits/Licenses
- Applications foreign vehicle permits
- Applications for permit extensions for foreign vehicle permits
- Applications foreign vehicle permits- 14 days
- Driving Instructors Licensing
- Registration of Driving Instructors license
- Test booking- driving instructors
- Renewal of Driving Instructors license
- New Instructors License
- Motor Vehicle Registration
- Copy of records (Motor Vehicle Search)
- Paying for Motor Vehicle de-registrations
- Paying for replacement for those who have GK number plates
- Application for special number plates
- Application for personalized number plates
- Motor vehicle re-registrations
- Trailer re-registrations
- Tractor re-registrations
4. Ministry Of Land (And Physical Planning) Services On E-Citizen
You can conduct search for the plot you’re buying, transfer land, register a charge for a piece of land you own, query land rates and even get land rent clearance certificates for your grounds from the Ministry of Lands (and urban planning) online.
These are the land transactions you can process on NTSA:
- Query and also pay land rent
- Upload past land rent receipts / land rent clearance certificates
- Query and also pay land rates
- Official Land/plot Search (Nairobi Blocks)
- Verification of the particulars (details) of your property
- Transfer of land/plot ownership
- Application of a charge or further charge
- Application for registration of a caution
- Application for withdrawal of a registered caution
- Assessment and processing of all stamp duty matters
- Tracking of previous applications/requests
5. Department Of Immigration Services On E-Citizen
If you are flying out for further studies, business, or for whatever reason, you need a Visa and of course, a Kenyan passport.
Similarly, those coming to Kenya need these all-important documents.
Guess where you can get all these? eCitizen!
Here are the immigration services on ecitizen:
- Application for Passports -Adults
- Application for Passports -Children
- Application for a single-entry Kenyan Visa
- Application for a transit Kenyan Visa
- Application for a temporary permit -Adults
- Application for a temporary permit -children
6. Department Of CID (Criminal Investigations Department)
A police clearance certificate is important when you’re looking for a job, and in some cases, when tendering.
You can apply for your e citizen certificate of good conduct and conveniently pay for the document online using mobile money, Credit/Debit Cards.
Here are the CID services on the portal:
- Application of a good conduct certificate from Kenya Police – Adults
- Application of a good conduct certificate from Kenya Police- children under 18
7. Civil Registration Department Services On E-Citizen
You can get a birth certificate for your newly arrived bundle of joy online. It’s also possible to get a late birth certificate from eCitizen.
Here are the birth registration services on eCitizen Kenya:
- Application for a birth certificate- current
- Application for a birth certificate- late
- Application for death certificate
8. County Government Services On E-Citizen
As of now, you can apply for business licenses from a total of 3 counties on ecitizen. These are:
- County Government of Nyeri
- County Government of Mombasa
- County Government of Kisumu (including an e-Construction permit)
9. KRA (Kenya Revenue Authority) Services On E-Citizen
iTax is also part of the Online tax Services accessible from ecitizen.
You can make VAT payments, pay rental income tax, PAYE, and file annual returns among others on itax via eCitizen.
Here is a summary:
- Filing of annual returns
- Tax compliance certificate
- VAT and rental income tax payment
Where Do You Start?
Step 1: e Citizen Registration
To register on eCitizen Kenya, Go to e-citizenClick create accountThe eCitizen portal takes you here.
Under the Kenyan Citizen tab, click create an accountNow you will find yourself here.Of course you now need to fill up the requested including ID number, first name as per your ID (first) before clicking validate
You have to confirm the email address by re-entering it.
At this juncture, go and login to the email address you provided so that you can verify your email. Just check your inbox for a new email from eCitizen and open it, then click verify.
To verify your mobile number type the number of your working line and click ‘send verification code’. The code will be sent as an SMS to your phone.
Type the verification code in the box written ‘Enter the verification SMS sent to your mobile phone via SMS’ then click ‘verify’
You will then get a chance to upload a nice passport photo to the portal. Your passport photo should be 500×500 pixels for the best results.
Congratulations! You are now a proud owner of a brand new e citizen Kenya login
Ecitizen Login (How To Login And Recover Your Password If Lost)
Logging In To Your eCitizen
You use your ecitizen Login tab to login to eCitizen portal in Kenya whenever you want to access any government service.
So, how do you log in?
Go here (www.ecitizen.go.ke login)
The following screen opens up.Enter your email address/ID number (whatever you used when registering) plus the password you previously created the click login.The system should successfully log you in and take you to the following service services dashboard;
How To Recover Your Ecitizen Login Password
What if you forget your password? It can happen. And it happens.
Well, with ecitizen Kenya, you don’t need to panic.
Recovering your password is easy as ABC.
Here are the steps:
- Go to the eCitizen login page
As you will see, to reset your password, you’ll need to fill in your originally registered email address.
It’s here that the password instruction reset details are sent.
Now head over to your email and sign in.
You should find an email from eCitizen.
Now you can login as usual from the home screen.
Option 2: You can also enter the ID number.
Let’s start with the option of entering your ID number (easier for many users)
enter your ID number (instead of email).
You can instruct the portal to send you an SMS code for recovery (or as we said, choose to be emailed the reset instructions via email)
Just go to your phone and look for an SMS from eCitizen.
eCitizen Kenya is your savior when we come to accessing almost all government services in Kenya.
And the good thing is that the portal is reliable and quite simple to use.
You only require to register, and get going.
So, why not take advantage of the convenience offered by eCitizen Kenya?
PS: Ask as any question on ecitizen Kenya from the comments. We will be happy to help.